Centre nod to 6-lane facility for highway
TNN, Nov 21, 2010, 01.06am IST
The bids for the work have been opened and are currently under-evaluation. While the civil work is expected to cost Rs 97 crore, the cost of utility shifting and tree-cutting will require an expenditure of Rs 31 crore.
The project includes the construction of a new 2-lane carriageway, promises an improvement in the riding quality of the existing 4-lane carriageway, constructing 5 underpasses, widening 23 culverts and constructing bus-bays and other safety features.
Aside from the Delhi-Dasna stretch, the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has also, recently, given UP a go ahead for widening to 2-lane, the 106.6 km stretch connecting Rae Bareli to Allahabad. Widening to 2-lane has also been sanctioned for the 123 km stretch between Kanpur and Kabrai, connecting Ghatampur, Hamirpur and Maudaha. National Highway-93 –from Agra to Aligarh — will also be widened to 2-lane.
Read more: Centre nod to 6-lane facility for highway – The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/lucknow/Centre-nod-to-6-lane-facility-for-highway/articleshow/6962186.cms#ixzz15vJIMW1T
Details of the Project:
Length of the project – 20 kilometers
Cost of Civil Work – INR 97 crore.
Cost of utility shifting and tree cutting – INR 31 crore.
Total Cost of the project – INR 128 crore.
1. Construction of new 2 lane carriageway
2. Improvement of riding quality of existing 4 lane carriageway
3. Construction of 5 underpasses
4. Widening of 23 existing culverts
5. Construction of bus bays and other safety features keeping in view the requirement of urban nature of the area.
6. Shifting of electric poles and cutting trees
7. Protection work of HT electric towers